For thousands of years, dentures have been allowing people to chew foods harder than mashed bananas and flash some teeth when they smile. However, Lafayette denture wearers know how unstable, irritating, embarrassing, and inconvenient they can be.
Today, Boulder dental patients with missing teeth are fortunate to have a tooth replacement choice that is far better than both traditional dentures and dental bridges. A tooth implant provides the total package, so to speak. An implant replaces the visible part of the tooth and – this is key – also the root.
The dental implant process works like this: A super-strong titanium post is anchored directly into the jawbone. An abutment is then attached to the post. Finally, a crown or denture is attached to the abutment. Tooth implants provide the following benefits:
- Stability – Implants don’t move around in your mouth. This permits normal chewing, swallowing, and speech.
- Bone Retention – The post prevents the bone loss that almost always occurs after a tooth is extracted.
- Dental implants prevent jaw muscle dysfunction that can occur when remaining teeth are forced to compensate for missing teeth.
- Tooth implants eliminate gum irritation caused by dentures.
- No need for denture relines!
- No denture adhesive needed. (Remember, they are anchored in your jawbone just like natural teeth!)
Lafayette dental implant patients with one or two missing teeth can replace each missing tooth with a permanent implant. Lafayette dental patients with significant tooth loss are usually best served with an implant-anchored denture.
If you want more information about tooth implant costs in Lafayette or cosmetic dental financing, call Gordon West DDS, Cosmetic & General Dentistry at 303-665-5335. Gordon West DDS, Cosmetic & General Dentistry is a full-service general and cosmetic dental practice dedicated to preventative dental care. We offer:
Invisalign clear braces
–Center for Advanced Dental Care