We fill a lot of cavities at Boulder County Smiles in Lafayette CO. Tooth decay is a serious problem, with somewhere in the area of nine of every ten American adults having at least one cavity in their teeth.
It doesn’t have to be that way. We really stress preventative dentistry as the key to good dental health. Here are five tips for maintaining healthy teeth and gums:
- Brush Your Teeth. This is one is easy and basic, but critical. Brush twice a day for at least two minutes, and use a toothpaste with fluoride.
- Don’t Forget Your Tongue. This important part of brushing is easy to overlook, but there’s bacteria on the tongue you’ll want to remove.
- Floss. This goes hand-in-hand with brushing. Flossing lets you get the gunk that builds up between teeth. Before or after you brush? Either one. Just be sure to do it!
- Eat a Balanced Diet. Food choice is more important than you might think. Teeth need nutrients, just like the rest of your body. Avoid sugar as much as possible, and drink plenty of water.
- Have Regular Check-Ups. Cleanings and checkups allow us to catch small problems before they get big, and give you peace of mind.
By following these five simple tips you can avoid serious dental issues down the road.
At Boulder County Smiles in Lafayette CO we want all our patients to have healthy teeth and gums. People from Boulder, Louisville, and Broomfield come to us for general and family dentistry, and special services like sleep apnea treatment. Call us to schedule your next checkup today!
Contact Boulder County Smiles:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):