Hello, thank you for visiting the blog of Gordon West DDS, a dentist in Lafayette CO. This post is about the American Dental Association. You have probably seen the ADA logo on toothpaste and floss—but what else do you know about this dental organization?
The ADA’s self-proclaimed objective is to improve the level of public oral health by supporting the dental industry through not-for-profit federal, state, and local associations. It was founded in 1859 and is run by its members, which currently total over 160,000.
The ADA Seal of Acceptance is not an endorsement of a product per se, but rather is a verification of the assertions made by said product. Companies who want the ADA credential for a product must submit proof of rigorous scientific testing. Once submitted, the ADA re-tests the product to further verify results. There are currently over 300 products with the ADA certification.
The ADA does more than evaluate dental products. Here are some other ways the ADA works to perform its mission:
- Provides resources to support dentists and their practices
- Educates the public about oral health
- Works to maximize access to dental care
- Offers counsel on important issues that affect the dental industry
- Collaborates with other organizations on scientific research projects and public health initiatives
- Offers scholarships to dental students
Contact Gordon West DDS – Aesthetic & General Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):