When our patients get mouth sores, we advise them to evaluate what they’re eating and make some changes. By following these tips, you too can avoid the discomfort of eating and help to increase the speed of healing.
1. Eat soft or pureed foods. Don’t worry, you won’t have to eat baby food – plenty of adult dishes fit the bill:
2. Keep your meals bland for a while. It isn’t as tasty, but watch out for overly spicy, tart, salty or acidic foods while you have a mouth sore.
3. Also, keep it cool. Eat only food that is at room temperature or is served chilled.
4. Use a straw so that whatever you are drinking can bypass the mouth sore altogether.
5. Try to moisten dry foods. This can be done by adding sauces, dressings, and gravies to your meals.
We hope that these suggestions will help you the next time you suffer from a mouth sore. If you are looking for a dentist in Boulder County, consider Gordon West DDS in Lafayette. We provide general and family dentistry, and sedation dentistry for those coping with dental anxiety. Make an appointment with us today.
Contact Gordon West DDS – Aesthetic & General Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
1140 W South Boulder Rd Ste 201